Come and test your analytic and “hacker” skills in a capture the flag competition! You and your team can join and win amazing prizes and your chance to participate in the international Trend Micro CTF 2018 final in Japan!
- A team competition, with teams consisting of 1 to 4 members.
- The competition shall have two rounds. Round 1 shall be carried out on-line. Round 2 shall be carried out on-site.
- 1st round (on-line) launches on Friday, 12 October 2018 at 12:00 AM (CEST) and closes on Friday, 19 October 2018 at 12:00 AM (CEST)
- The registration into the CTF portal shall be opened 24 hours before the start of the competition, i.e. on 11 October 2018 at 12:00 AM (CEST). To get acquainted with the platform, a practice challenges (with no score awarded) shall be available.
- 2nd round (on-site) shall take place on Saturday, 27 October 2018 at Masarykova kolej ČVUT, Thákurova 1, Prague 6.
- The top 10 teams from 1st round (on-line) shall qualify for the 2nd round (on-site).
- The best teams shall receive valuable prizes.
- Out of the top teams from the on-site qualifier, a national team shall be nominated to represent at the international Trend Micro CTF 2018 finals in Japan (the participation of the nominated team in the finals in Japan is not obligatory, see note 12 and 13 in the Competition rules).
- For more information, see the Competition rules.
How to apply
- If you have your own team, register it, see note 3).
- If you have no team, find yourself teammates in slack platform.
- Choose any of the challenges from the list. Several challenges can be solved at a time, and they can be solved in whatever order.
- Read the challenge assignment carefully.
- Download the file(s) for the analysis or visit the stated URL.
- Perform the analysis (when correctly performed, you should be able to discover the flag).
- Insert the flag into the platform (to verify its correctness and acquire the points).
- We recommend inserting the results (the flags discovered) immediately after the challenge has been solved.